Return to Department
Last Revised for 2019-2020 Academic Year
Additional Breadth Requirements:
Courses used to fulfill the University Breadth Requirement above may also be used to fulfill the Economics Breadth Requirements.
- Nine credits representing at least two areas of Creative Arts and Humanities
- Nine credits representing at least two areas of History and Cultural Change
- Three credits of Social and Behavioral Sciences (cannot be satisfied by an Economics course)
- Seven credits of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology (at least one course must have an associated laboratory)
Second Writing Requirement:
A Second Writing Requirement approved by the College of Arts and Sciences. This course must be taken after completion of 60 credit hours, completed with a minimum grade of C-, and the section enrolled must be designated as satisfying the requirement in the academic term completed.
- Completion of the intermediate-level course (107 or 112) in an ancient or modern language with minimum grades of D-.
- The number of credits (0-12) needed and initial placement will depend on the number of years of high school study of foreign language.
- Students with four or more years of high school work in a single foreign language, or who have gained proficiency in a foreign language by other means, may attempt to fulfill the requirement in that language by taking an exemption examination through the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department.
- Six additional Economics courses (18 credits) at or above the 300-level, at least two of which are at or above the 400-level.
Minimum grade C-.
- Nine credits chosen from any 300-level or higher courses in Accounting, Anthropology, Applied Economics & Statistics (except APEC 343, APEC 399, APEC 408, APEC 444, APEC 471) Business Administration, Computer Sciences (except CISC 355 , CISC 356, and CISC357 ), Energy and Envionmental Policy, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy (except UAPP 390), Sociology, and Statistics.
- Also acceptable are ACCT 207 , ACCT 208 , any 200-level or above MISY courses, MATH 221 , MATH232, or MATH 241 , and any 200-level or above Mathematics course requiring calculus as a prerequisite except MATH 308 .
After required courses are completed, sufficient credits must be taken to meet the minimum credits required for the degree. No more than two credits can be from BHAN 120 .
Credits to Total a Minimum of 120