The Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics delivers inspirational education and pioneering scholarship, building an inclusive community that beneficially transforms business and society.
- foster intellectually curious and globally-minded lifelong learners with a leadership mindset
- generate knowledge by proposing solutions to business problems using the latest theories, analytics, and technology
- advance experiential learning and scholarly opportunities for students and faculty by leveraging Delaware’s proximity to major centers of commerce and government; partnering with local businesses and collaborating with international organizations
- cultivate a diverse faculty pursuing impactful scholarship and enthusiastically sharing their expertise
- encourage and support dedicated advisors and staff to provide personalized service to facilitate students’ success
- engage our alumni to inspire excellence across the College
Undergraduate students are admitted as freshmen into the baccalaureate degree programs referenced below or as Undeclared Business majors. Undeclared business students must select a major in the Lerner College by October 1 of their sophomore year.
Lerner College students who were previously dismissed for academic deficiency and are now applying for readmission to the University may be eligible for readmission into their degree program in the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics; these students should contact the assistant dean in the Office of Undergraduate Advising & Academic Services for advisement.
The University of Delaware and its Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics programs are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Select Lerner College business and accounting programs are accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). The University of Delaware is also designated as a high research activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation on Higher Education.
Departments and Programs