May 16, 2022
Additional Breadth Requirements:
Courses used to fulfill the University Breadth Requirement above may also be used to fulfill the Economics Breadth Requirements.
- Nine credits representing at least two areas of Creative Arts and Humanities
- Nine credits representing at least two areas of History and Cultural Change
- Three credits of Social and Behavioral Sciences (cannot be satisfied by an Economics course)
- Seven credits of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology (at least one course must have an associated laboratory)
Second Writing Requirement:
A Second Writing Requirement approved by the College of Arts and Sciences. This course must be taken after completion of 60 credit hours, completed with a minimum grade of C-, and the section enrolled must be designated as satisfying the requirement in the academic term completed.
- Completion of the intermediate-level course (107 or 112) in an ancient or modern language with minimum grades of D-.
- The number of credits (0-12) needed and initial placement will depend on the number of years of high school study of foreign language.
- Students with four or more years of high school work in a single foreign language, or who have gained proficiency in a foreign language by other means, may attempt to fulfill the requirement in that language by taking an exemption examination through the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department.
- Six additional Economics courses (18 credits) at or above the 300-level, at least two of which are at or above the 400-level.
One of the following (minimum grade C-):
Required (minimum grade C-):
Minimum grade C-.
To be eligible to student teach, Economics Education students must have a GPA of 3.0 in their major and an overall GPA of 2.75. They must also pass a teacher competency test as established by the University Council on Teacher Education. Students must consult with the Social Studies education program coordinator to obtain the student teaching application and other information concerning student teaching policies.
After required courses are completed, sufficient credits must be taken to meet the minimum credits required for the degree. No more than three credits can be from BHAN 120 .
Credits to Total a Minimum of 124
Last Revised for 2020-2021 Academic Year