Dec 09, 2021
Return to Department
Please refer to the Four Year Plan for departmental recommended path towards graduation.
Second Writing Requirement:
A Second Writing Requirement approved by the College of Arts and Sciences. This course must be taken after completion of 60 credit hours, completed with a minimum grade of C-, and the section enrolled must be designated as satisfying the requirement in the academic term completed.
The math requirement must be completed by the time a student has earned 60 credits. Students who transfer into the College of Arts and Sciences with 45 credits or more must complete this requirement within two semesters.
Complete one of the following options (minimum grade D-):
One of the following:
- Completion of the intermediate-level course (106) in an ancient or modern language.
- The number of credits (0-8) needed and initial placement will depend on the number of years of high school study of foreign language.
- Students with four or more years of high school work in a single foreign language, or who have gained proficiency in a foreign language by other means, may attempt to fulfill the requirement in that language by taking an exemption examination through the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department.
College Breadth Requirements:
The College Breadth requirements are in addition to the University Breadth requirement. Up to three credits from each of the University Breadth Requirement categories may be used to simultaneously satisfy these College of Arts and Sciences Breadth Requirements. Minimum grade C- required for courses used to satisfy College Breadth.
The concentration designates the student’s principal instrument. A list of instrumental options can be obtained from the Department or the University Advisement Center.
Grade of C- or better required in all courses in major. See Department for instrumental options.
Twelve credits selected from the following:
All Ensembles may be repeated:
Guitarists must complete the following:
- 9-11 credits, excludes private study on primary instrument.
- May include two credits of ensemble.
After required courses are completed, sufficient elective credits must be taken to meet the minimum credit requirement for the degree.
Credits to Total a Minimum of 126
Last Revised 2019-2020 Academic Year