Dec 02, 2023
Second Writing Requirement:
A Second Writing Requirement approved by the College of Arts and Sciences. This course must be taken after completion of 60 credit hours, completed with a minimum grade of C-, and the section enrolled must be designated as satisfying the requirement in the academic term completed.
College of Arts and Sciences Breadth Requirements:
The College Breadth Requirements are taken in addition to the University Breadth Requirement. Up to three credits from each of the University Breadth Requirement categories may be used to simultaneously satisfy these College of Arts and Sciences Breadth Requirements. College Breadth courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C-.
A total of 18 credits from Groups A, B, and C is required with a minimum of six credits in each group. The six credits from each group could be from the same area.
All 200-level PHYS courses used to satisfy prerequisites or graduation requirements must be passed with a minimum grade of C-.
Two of the following:
- PHYS 434 - Astrophysics and the Origins of Life (3cr.)
- PHYS 630 - Galaxies
- PHYS 632 - Astrophysics
- PHYS 633 - Stellar Astrophysics
- PHYS 634 - Physics of the Sun
- PHYS 635 - Space Physics
- PHYS 639 - Selected Topics in Astrophysics
- PHYS 644 - Elementary Particles and Big Bang Cosmology
One of the following sequences:
Foreign Language or Computer Science:
One of the two options:
- Completion of the intermediate-level course (107 or 112) in an ancient or modern language with minimum grades of D-.
- The number of credits (0-12) needed and initial placement will depend on the number of years of high school study of foreign language.
- Students with four or more years of high school work in a single foreign language, or who have gained proficiency in a foreign language by other means, may attempt to fulfill the requirement in that language by taking an exemption examination through the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department.
Completion of the following Computer Science sequence:
After required courses are completed, sufficient elective credits must be taken to meet the minimum credit requirement for the degree.
Credits to Total a Minimum of 124
Last Revised 2016-2017 Academic Year