Apr 17, 2021
Minimum requirements for admission to the 4+1 Accelerated MS in ISTM degree program are the following:
- Undergraduate GPA 3.0 in the major field of study
- GMAT not required for Accounting students
- TOEFL not required for UD undergraduates
- Internship preferable
Applicants must upload the following to the online application:
- UD transcript
- Provide a statement of objectives and interests
- One essay
- Two letters of recommendation
Admission to the graduate program is selective and competitive based on the number of well-qualified applicants and the limits of available faculty and facilities.
Those who meet stated minimum requirements are not guaranteed admission, nor are those who fail to meet all of the requirements necessarily precluded from admission if they offer other appropriate strengths.
Admission will be decided by the Graduate Director in consultation with an admission committee (composed of faculty who participate in the program).
Application for fellowship, tuition scholarship, or assistantship financial aid is a part of the admission application form and is made at the time of application.
To maintain status in the program, students must do the following:
- Meet with the graduate advisor and develop a planned program of study.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all graduate and undergraduate coursework.
- Obtain a grade of C or higher in Accounting courses.
- Progress would be evaluated at the end of each semester by the student’s graduate advisor.
Key 4+1 Accelerated degree Program Features
- 4+1 students would be permitted to take graduate classes as part of their academic studies. Normally, this process would begin at the conclusion of the student’s junior year.
- The total credit hours for the combined BS/MS degree would be 150 hours, i.e., the same as it would be if students took the two degrees separately.
- Undergrad course requirements would be the same as they are now, with this exception. Two graduate courses required for the MS ISTM portion can be used to satisfy the “free” electives required for the undergraduate portion.
- Total graduate level course requirements would be the same as for the MS in ISTM degree. These requirements include 30 credit hours of coursework at the 600 or 800 level
- Students in the 4+1 program would be permitted to take up to 6 credit hours of independent study. Additional independent study would not count toward graduation.
Last Revised for 2020-2021 Academic Year