Feb 25, 2024
Second Writing Requirement:
A Second Writing Requirement approved by the College of Arts and Sciences. This course must be taken after completion of 60 credit hours, completed with a minimum grade of C-, and the section enrolled must be designated as satisfying the requirement in the academic term completed.
One of the following:
- Completion of the intermediate-level course (106) in an ancient or modern language.
- The number of credits (0-8) needed and initial placement will depend on the number of years of high school study of foreign language.
- Students with four or more years of high school work in a single foreign language, or who have gained proficiency in a foreign language by other means, may attempt to fulfill the requirement in that language by taking an exemption examination through the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department.
College Breadth Requirements:
Grade of C- or better required in all courses in major.
- Eight credits, excludes private study on primary instrument.
- May include two credits of ensemble.
After required courses are completed, sufficient elective credits must be taken to meet the minimum credit requirement for the degree.
Credits to Total a Minimum of 127
Last Revised 2014-2015 Academic Year