Dec 07, 2022
College Breadth Requirements:
The College Breadth requirements are in addition to the University Breadth requirement. Up to three credits from each of the University Breadth Requirement categories may be used to simultaneously satisfy these College of Arts and Sciences Breadth Requirements. Minimum grade C- required for courses used to satisfy College Breadth.
*If the grade earned is sufficient, a course may be applied toward more than one requirement (e.g., breadth and major requirements), but the credits are counted only once toward the total credits for graduation. If all but one course in a group has been taken in one department or program, a course cross-listed with that program will not satisfy the distribution requirement.
- Completion of the intermediate-level course (107,112, or 202) in an ancient or modern language with minimum grades of D-.
- The number of credits (0-12) needed and initial placement will depend on the number of years of high school study of foreign language.
- Students with four or more years of high school work in a single foreign language, or who have gained proficiency in a foreign language by other means, may attempt to fulfill the requirement in that language by taking an exemption examination through the Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department.
The math requirement must be completed by the time a student has earned 60 credits. Students who transfer into the College of Arts and Sciences with 45 credits or more must complete this requirement within two semesters.
Complete one of the following four options (minimum grade D-):
One of the following:
- Successful performance on a proficiency test in mathematics administered by the Department of Mathematical Sciences (0 credits awarded).
Second Writing Requirement:
A Second Writing Requirement approved by the College of Arts and Sciences. This course must be taken after completion of 60 credit hours, completed with a minimum grade of C-, and the section enrolled must be designated as satisfying the requirement in the academic term completed.
Minimum grade C-. No more than 52 credits of ART courses may count toward the degree.
Freshman Core Requirements:
Total Freshman Core Credits 20
Sophomore Core Requirements:
Total Sophomore Core Credits 20
Twelve credits from the following (no more than 12 credits in any one studio area):
Art History Electives:
- Of the total credits required for the degree, 12 credits must be of Art History.
After required courses are completed sufficient elective credits must be taken to meet the minimum credit requirement for the degree.
Degree Credits to Total a Minimum of 124
Last Revised 2017-2018 Academic Year