Telephone: (302) 831-8073
Bachelor of Science - Health Sciences
Health Sciences is a small and highly selective major intended for students with specific health-related interests that are not met by another major at the University. This program provides a curriculum that can be specialized for students on an individual basis with the guidance of a Health Sciences committee member and the Assistant Dean. Students in the Health Sciences major are required to select an existing University minor in order to meet individual personal and career objectives and interests.
Bachelor of Science - Health Sciences Occupational Therapy Track Concentration
This program is a cooperative agreement between University of Delaware (UD) and Thomas Jefferson University (TJU). Students can earn both the Bachelor of Science (BS) and the Master of Science (MS) degrees in five years. Students will spend the first three years at UD and then proceed to TJU for the final two years of graduate Occupational Therapy coursework. The BS in Health Sciences from University of Delaware will be awarded after successful completion of the first year at TJU and transfer of appropriate credits to reach the 120 credit minimum for the BS degree. The MS in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) degree from TJU will be awarded after successful completion of the final year. This program is not open to change of major or transfer students.
- The student must complete all TJU required prerequisite courses prior to enrollment and have earned a conferred University of Delaware baccalaureate degree prior to the start of the second year of the MSOT program at TJU.
- The student must enroll in courses as listed in the UD Health Sciences Occupational Therapy Track Concentration curriculum to ensure the transferability of prerequisite coursework. If the student wishes to enroll in a prerequisite course that is not listed, approval must be granted by TJU.
- The student must maintain Cumulative GPA of 3.3 GPA after 5 semesters at UD and at the time of transfer to TJU.
- The student must have earned at least a grade of a “B” in all prerequisite science coursework: KAAP 220 , KAAP 221 , and KAAP 430
- If a student repeats a course at UD, both course grades will be factored in to the student’s cumulative GPA; however, the lower grade will be excluded from the prerequisite GPA calculation.
- Students must have documented proof of at least 50 required Occupational Therapy volunteer or shadowing hours spread evenly between at least two different Occupational Therapy settings during the student’s career at UD.
- The student must present a CV/Resume with proof of leadership, teamwork, and/or community service experiences while a student at UD to the TJU Admissions Committee prior to enrollment at TJU.
- Each accepted MSOT student must confirm that they understand the Prerequisite Requirements and the Performance Requirements and Technical Standards required for being an MSOT student at TJU.
- The student agrees to attend mandatory summer advising sessions either at TJU or at TJU’s discretion, by way of Skype each year prior to enrollment at TJU.
- All requirements of the first three years of the Program’s articulated curriculum must be completed at UD or otherwise approved in TJU’s sole discretion.